Whew! Well, I have had two long days at work. We closed the books on February yesterday, so I went in a half hour early and worked through my lunch. Today I stayed an extra half hour to finish up the clinics I was posting. On the plus side I'll get out of work Friday at 2:30 again. :) LOVES IT!! Sadly it won't be in time to see Jason, since he will be leaving for work at that time. :/ Darn it.
Apparently I didn't get the memo about it being Bad Driver Day, but everyone else did!
Exhibit A: The amigos that were laughing hysterically because they almost rear-ended me while changing lanes. I seriously think they were drunk or high!
Exhibit B: The car that cut me off at the light with the train tracks so I had to slam on the brakes! Dang! Am I invisible?
Exhibit C: The girl swerving while passing a semi in front of me, because she was digging around in the backseat while talking on the phone. Umm... to quote Rihanna, Shut up and drive!
Exhibit D: The guy that almost exited the interstate where there was no exit THREE times because he was texting while driving! You know what they say... honk if you love Jesus, text while driving if you want to meet him.
In other disappointing news... Dang it! Wouldn't you know it! I take a night off from the internet to hang with my hubby and I totally miss that American Idol was on! What the heck! AND it was the GUYS!! :( I am so bummed. I really wanted to see the guys. **sigh** I'm still going to see if I can see it online. Right now though, the girls are on.
Ta-Tynisa Wilson is up first, singing Rihanna's "Only Girl". Ugh! I thought she was horrible. Not the way to start the show. Are the judges hearing what I'm hearing? Randy said it was "just okay" so I guess he heard what I did. :)
Naima Adedapo is up now singing "Summertime". She is a little awkward to me, not sure what it is... the dreadlocks, the tats, the toothy smile, the strange yellow dress? Not sure, but she has a good voice. She was WAY better than that first girl, I know, that's not saying much!
Kendra Chantelle sings Christina Aguilera's "Impossible". She was one of my picks, I liked her tonight, but I think she was holding back or something... "just scratching the surface" like J Lo said. Hopefully she really brings it next week.
Rachel Zevita just sang. What song you ask? Umm... Yeah, it was that forgettable. Okay she sang Fiona Apple's "Criminal". I recognized the song in a few parts, but it was a strange arrangement. Her outfits seem to be the thing that stick in my mind, and tonight she didn't disappoint with a cape and all. The singing though, weak. She's a strange little bird.
Karen Rodriguez is singing "Hero" and just gave J Lo chills... probably because she sang part in Spanish. It was beautiful, but I felt a little like I was watching a pageant. Good though.
Lauren Turner is singing "Seven Day Fool," by Etta James. She's a little bluesy and I like it. She has a good strong voice too. Singing wise I am enjoying it. Not feeling that dress though, reminds me of a trashbag. This girl did great. First one I really enjoyed. Thank you Lauren. The judges seem to like it too. Randy said, "That's how you do it!"
Ashthon Jones is singing "Love Me All Over". Holy spandex! Wow. "I've got love all over me"??? Hummm... interesting song choice with that outfit. She's doing a good job, but I am too distracted by that corset and tight pants. All in all, not bad.
Julie Zorrilla is singing "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson! OMG! I just don't know about singing a former Idol's song... but okay. Oh no... Julie, no! This is not good. Not sure what I don't like about it, the arrangement maybe? She was all over the place. J Lo said she needed to feel it and connect with the words... and she's right. Stephen said wrong song, wrong key. I agree. On the plus side, she looks super cute as always. I love my little fashion plate. I hope she sticks around so I can see what she wears next week. :) Maybe she is on the wrong show? When she goes she should try out for ANTM or something like that. :)
Haley Reinhart is singing Alicia Keys "Fallen". Ummmm.... is she trying to be a sista in church? Hummm.... not digging these faces shes making. How old is this girl? She does have a good voice, but it's a little too soul for me. She also doesn't seem to know what to do on the stage. Stephen heard just the right amount of style and sexy, and J Lo agrees. Hummm. Growly... yeah a little too much for me J Lo. Sorry.
Thia Megia is singing "Out Here On My Own". Wow. I totally stopped typing while she sang. UNBELIEVABLE! This girl is fifteen? Wow. It was beautiful, it was pure, it was a great song choice sung beautifully. I LOVED the accapella in the beginning. Fantastic job girl!
Lauren Alaina is singing Reba McEntire's "Turn On the Radio". She is good too. Great stage presence, good strong voice. Randy said it all... Kelly Clarkson meets Carrie Underwood. Yep, exactly. Her eyes lit up when Stephen said "Your the best!" Not sure he meant it the way she took it, but she was entertaining. I like her!
Pia Toscano is singing The Pretender's "I'll Stand By You". She is doing great. I was worried for a minute that the music was going to overpower her, but she just nailed it. The gets a standing O from the judges. Great vocals. She is so pretty, and sang so pretty too.
MY TOP 3 PICKS TONIGHT:
1.Pia Toscano
2.Thia Megia
3.Lauren Alaina
Isn't it funny how it changes?
Okay, going to spend time with the hubby. He starts ER tomorrow... **pout** and once again we will be like two ships passing in the night.
Goodnight! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment