First, let me thank my friends and family for reminding me about Idol and making sure I am watching! You are awesome! ;) A big shout out to my hubby too! He did the laundry for me!! :) He is on his first ER shift tonight... so I am solo. At least I have Idol tonight! I put on my jammies, made a yummy chicken wrap for dinner just in time for Idol! (:
To make my chicken wrap tonight, I cooked some chicken tenders in a skillet with some Nature's Seasoning sprinkled on them. I placed two of the cooked tenders on a piece of Flat Out Bread with some romaine, shredded cheddar and honey mustard and rolled it up. Mmmmm.... So good.
The show started off with Ryan reminding us that tonight is the most dramatic Idol elimination ever! I'm sure it will be brutal seeing as how we are cutting half of the group tonight! This is bound to be an emotionally excruciating night for these kids.
And here we go...
We're live... well... sort of... but not really.
They did a great photo shoot/get to know you interview thing with the guys. I loved it! It was cool to get to know the Idols more, yet recap also. On to the guys... so far Scotty (country boy) McCreery is the only guy through so far. They keep mentioning the wild card slots at every cut. This year they are allowing a few chosen ones to sing for their life and a possible wild card spot. A few commercials, and another cool recap of the girls with interviews and photo shoot, we are on to the girls. YES!!! Lauren Alaina is in the top 10 and so is Pia Toscano!!! :) Ryan says, "This is getting good friends!" No kidding!! More cuts... everyone boos. Karen Rodriguez is in, as is Jacob Lusk. Casey is in!!! :) YES!! More girls... holding hands. Young little Thia is so nervous and crying. Awww. Naima is being so supportive. Awkward or not, I like her and she is winning me over even more right now. Naima is not in the top ten... I'm joining in the booing. Thia is in!!! :) I am so happy!! Bless her heart! She's only 15. That must be so hard for a kid that young. Brett is up with Paul and of course Brett starts hugging Paul. Ryan and Brett talk about how he is a hugger and how he wants this so bad. Paul gets a ton of woooos from the crowd. Paul is through!! :) YES!!! Paul reaches over and gives Brett a hug before Brett leaves to go hug everyone on the losers side. Ryan baits us with, "Your unbelievable results continue... next." and we are on commercial again. Haley gets the last girl spot, and James gets the last guys spot. Dang. I was hoping that Stefano would get it, not James. :( Sorry, I just think he is too Adam Lambert wannabe.
J Lo lets us know that they will be chosing 3 boys and 3 girls to sing for the wild card slots.
Ashthon sings Jennifer Hudson's "Your Gonna Love Me" because, "I'm not going home!" She does pretty awesome and you could tell she was really singing for her life. The judges liked what they heard. She was pretty darn good. Based on that, she should go on.
Stefano is next!!!! He sings "I Need You Now" by Smoky Robinson. He's so quiet! Come on Stefano!! Yeah... here he goes. Good job! You can tell they are really putting their heart into these performances. J Lo seemed pretty happy with his performance jumping up and down in her chair. The judges have great reviews! I like him. I hope he makes it.
Kendra sings "Georgia On My Mind" and starts off a little low for her in my opinion, but she comes out of it and nails it. She does a great job, but doesn't as emotional as the other two. She looked like she had more fun with it. I like her.... ugh! This is getting hard.
Jovany is up next singing Jon Secada's "Angel" in Spanish... and English. What the hell?? I don't like that it's so crazy. To give him credit, he is really trying. Dang... back in Spanish... Oh, now in English. Ugh! I don't know about him. I love this song. I hoped he would do it justice. I vote no. Thanks for making it easier on me Jovany!
Naima gets the final try. All the remaining girls are lined up on stage to wave goodbye and then exit the stage. Naima doesn't want to talk, she just wants to get right to it. Naima sings "For All We Know" and does a great job. You can tell she is really putting her all into it. She breaks down at the end and Stephen is nudging J Lo when they cut to the judges. She heads backstage in tears.
The last shot goes to Robbie. Glad to hear it. They bring the guys out to wave goodbye and Brett asks to give the judges a hug. (Imagine that!) Ryan tells him to hurry. HA!! Robbie sings Elton's "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word". Lots of panning the top 10 while he sings. Not cool. He deserves camera time like the others got. He does a great job. This kid has a great voice. He must be well liked because the top 10 are crying. Well... either that or the fact that they showed them during his performance... or that it has just been a very emotional night for all of them.
We go to commercial and the judges say they will give their decision after the break. When we come back from commercial, they confess they need more time, and then Ryan says they will show J Lo's new video while they wait. How convenient. Plug anyone?
Okay, I love her new song. Going to iTunes to download when this is over. :) Yeah, it worked on me.
J Lo's still got it! You go girl! She is so beautiful! After the video, Ryan says we will have the "results after the break" yet again. UGH! Typical Idol dragging it out until the very last minute!! We're back and I realize suddenly how tan Ryan is. Wow.
Randy says they have chosen Ashthon to go through. She looks shocked and in disbelief before she runs over to the top 10. J Lo says they have 3 total they have picked Hummm... that's a top 13 isn't it? Interesting. She says Stefano is the next wild card pick. :) This makes me happy, as it does Stefano's roommate James. They hug. Stephen announces the last one... Naima and she runs awkwardly across the stage into Jacob's arms as someone in the audience (a family member maybe?) jumps up and down like he has springs on his feet.
Wow. What a night. I am satisfied though. What about you? Do you agree with the top 13?
**sigh** Now... humm.... I guess I'll go download that song... and maybe a little Jon Secada. I love my iPod for work. I listen to it all day! Then I guess I'll try to go to sleep. I'm not scared, we have the alarm and I am in a good neighborhood, I just don't sleep well when he isn't here. It's crazy how much I miss him when he works nights or weekends. At least it's only a month.
Oh... and tomorrow is Friday! Yay!! AND I have a short day... only working until 2:30! Double YAY!!
Well... goodnight. I hope you sleep well.

No comments:
Post a Comment