Friday, March 4, 2011

Color, Tint & Pasta Salad.

I got off work early today and went shopping.  I went to Target and just browsed like I used to do!  :)  No big shopping spree, just a few things I needed.
I guess I forgot to share my awesome find from Monday...
I have wanted a peacoat for a while now.  Yeah, I know it's blue, but I like that it is different from everyone's black one.  Even better...
 it's a $200 peacoat for $20!  Oh yeah! :)
Oh...
and did I mention that Jason got his windows tinted on Precious?
He said he can already tell that the car is cooler with the tint.  It looks pretty cool too. 
I'm getting mine done next week! :)
It's our treat to ourselves with our tax money that we don't have back yet... but will soon.
 
I made something yummy that I thought I would share with you...
Okay, I must confess, I got the recipe on the back of a Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad box,
but it looked soooo good I had to try it!  :)

Chicken Pesto Salad
*1 box Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad Caesar pasta salad mix.
*Cold water (1 tablespoon) and vegetable oil (1/4 cup) as called for on box directions.
*2 cups cooked chicken, cut up.
*2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
*2 tablespoons sliced green onions
*1 medium tomato, shopped (3/4 cup) {I omitted since I don't like 'maters!}
*1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
*1 container (7oz) basil pesto

Make pasta salad as directed on box.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Cover and refrigerate any remaining salad.

 I made this last night so that I could take it to work for lunch today.  FYI, after having made this, I would make a change or two.  I would not mix in the romaine until I was ready to eat it.  The romaine was soggy today. :(  Also, I might even just omit the romaine and add broccoli and/or matchstick carrots.  Soggy romaine aside, this was still really good and I will make it again.
Jason is on call again tonight.  When I spoke to him on the phone today he said that his night went well last night.  I don't mind a little "me time" every once in a while, but I do miss him a lot.  It's so quiet without him here.  :(  No one to share my day with, laugh at some silly thing on TV with, snuggle with.  And why is it every time he isn't around I desperately need OMT (osteopathic manipulative treatment)?  My shoulder started hurting today and my right thumb.  I think it's from all the work I do on the computer at work... and then at home.  Ugh!  It's so tight & sore!!  I really am so grateful that he went to an osteopathic school.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.  It's such a gift!  At least I can see him for a little bit tomorrow before he goes to work.
Well... I think I'm going to go put on my PJs and finish watching something on 

Hummm.... I think I'll watch this:
It looks super cute!  Here's the gist courtesy of Netflix:
Documentary filmmaker Thomas Balmes charts the simultaneous early development of four babies from different parts of the world, illustrating what makes human life unique, similar and precious wherever it occurs. Training his camera on newborns Hattie from San Francisco, Ponijao from Namibia, Bayarjargal from Mongolia and Mari from Tokyo, Balmes captures everything from first screaming breaths to first steps.
Goodnight!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! Let us know how the Babies movie is! Rowan may enjoy it, too!

    ReplyDelete