TGIF!
It felt like a long day at work even though I got to leave an hour early. Maybe it was because I spent an hour doing research for pathology payments I made, or maybe it was because we had a mandatory meeting where I learned that there are no permanent job openings.
HUH? Umm... that was news to me, and the people in my department. Needless to say, I was a little upset. I've been hoping to get hired on permanently, and apparently my supervisors were hoping for the same. At least I got an awesome breakfast burrito for me and cheviche for my husband from the Mexican lady, Maria who sells food on Friday's out of her vehicle. Let me tell you... that burrito was AWESOME and Dr. J's cheviche is a super hit! He asked me how often she comes, and when I told him on fairly regularly on Fridays he said, "Awww man!" I think I'll be getting this again. He can't stop eating it! Great job Maria! :)
I stopped by Fry's on the way home.
I love this store. So clean, so nice, and everything you could possibly want... well, except for this certain kind of pasta I wanted, which was temporarily out of stock, but other than that... great.
They even have a sushi area where this Asian guy makes fresh sushi. I've watched him come around and stock the shelves in front of his booth. He admires his work and rearranges. He's right to be proud, it's so pretty. I wish I liked to eat it.
I finally saw my neighbor Gary and asked him if we have a baby yet. He said yes.
She was in the NICU for the last 5 days because of a heart problem, but is doing better and that tonight was their first night home as a family. I congratulated him and told him if they needed anything to let us know. He seemed tired and a little anxious, so I let him get on his way. I didn't catch their sweet baby girl's name though... darn it. Oh well... next time.
Dr. J and I like to have what we call "driveway time". We got the name from Aunt M & Uncle A. They put their sporty folding chairs out in the driveway so they can sit and socialize. Lately with Dr. J's crazy hours, I have been setting my chair up in the driveway and soaking up a little sunshine while I read a magazine, talk on the phone or just enjoy the sun & breeze. It's rather nice, unless one of the neighborhood children is screaming bloody murder... but for the most part, it's very pleasant.
It was a beautiful afternoon, so I decided to set my chair up and call my parents. We had a nice chat on the phone. They were having computer problems though, so they had to go attend to that. While I was talking to them, the neighborhood became alive. Cars were returning home, children were playing, a couple of guys were playing basketball down the street.
My neighbors Bob & Donna who had gone to San Diego for a trip came home early. I had been picking up their mail and when I gave them yesterday and today's mail, they explained they came home because they were worried about a radiation threat from the nuclear power plants in Japan that are on the verge of meltdown. They said it was all over the California news, but none of the channels could say what kind of threat there was. Rain is expected and she was just worried about the water supply so they returned home. Maybe I am naive, but I'm not worried. There isn't even anything on the news here about it.
I was about to hang up with my father, when suddenly, one of the pigeons that was flying in formation around the neighborhood swooped a little too low and flew into our garage! In a panic he flew up on top of the garage door and sat there. As my father advised, I left the garage door open and waited... nothing. I threw some birdseed down... nothing. I poked the underside of the door with a broom... nothing. I know what you are thinking... "what? no picture?" No, no picture. I was too distressed to think of it quite honestly, and I was not about to open up the door to the house and have him fly in here! NO WAY!
This is exactly what he looked like though... ready to peck my eyes out!! :/
My neighbor Diane was out working in her front yard, and she came over when she noticed I was freaking out about the bird. After we moved in, it took a while for us to make our introductions, but now that we have I have discovered she is super nice, and takes pride in her home. That's just what you want in a neighbor isn't it? We chatted about the bird, neither of us knowing how to get the bird out. We also discussed our landscaping. I pointed out that her tree, which is the same as my tree is doing so much better. We talked about the neighbor's awful yard across the street. It is overgrown with dry dead brush. I just heard the house is getting ready to go into foreclosure. Not that I am happy she is losing her home, but I am not sad to see her go. She is not friendly, has bratty children with no manners and her yard is a wreck. Then Diane's phone started ringing, so she went off to answer, and I refocused my attention on the unwanted guest in my garage.
I was beginning to get worried the bird would just get comfy and stay up there. Having no clue when Jason was coming home and wanting to solve the problem before it got dark out, I got my handy broom again. I poked the underside again, but it wasn't moving. Then I got the idea that I could put the bristle side of the broom up in the crack on the opposite side of the bird and hopefully scare it into coming down. It worked! It flew down turning around in the corner and swooped over my car and out into the big blue sky. Meanwhile, I was in the driveway screeching and flailing about. Ha ha ha! I'm sure that was a sight!
Did you see the moon tonight? Huge!! I DID think to get the camera for that. Tomorrow night is supposed to be even better... the Supermoon! The moon will be closer to Earth than that it has been in more than 18 years. It will appear 14 percent larger and 30 percent brighter. Can't wait!
My hubby is home now. He is delighted that I don't have anything to watch on TV tonight and he has the power of the remote. May your night be as delightful. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment