Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Snow Day in Arizona... with no snow. :)


With all due respect to Punxsutawney Phil, spring doesn't appear "around the corner" for anyone right now.  
Today I got up, got ready, drove into Tucson, and pulled into a nearly empty parking lot. Turns out the building has no water due to a pipe bursting in the middle of the night... so they closed the building. Dana, my boss met me at the door.  He said it was going off like a Geyser in the middle of the night and they weren't going to be able to get it fixed until later that evening... so he told me to have a good 3 day weekend!  My first thought was about how much work I had to do and how much I would have Monday.  My second thought was I hope they don't dock my PTO days for this!!  Dana said they are trying to decide if they will pay us or make us use our PTO, so we will see.  Jason had been trying to call me, but I was listening to John J & Rich and didn't hear my phone which was set on vibrate.  I drove home to try to get a little time with Jason before he left for work.  About 5 minutes after he left, I heard the garage door again.  Thinking he forgot something, I went to the garage, only to see the door shutting.  Puzzled I called Jason and he said it wasn't him.  I saw it shut when he left for work, because I was in the garage!  What the heck?  SO... I ran outside to see if I saw anyone suspicious around.  Nobody.  I called the garage door people, and apparently the cold is causing this problem! WHAT??? I find that hard to believe that temps in the teens would cause that, but she said they had been getting a lot of calls for the same thing.   Odd.  I lived in Indiana and that never happened.
Half hour press conference with the Mayor of Tucson & heads of utility departments about the "severe" weather was on TV around 10 am. News channel has titled it "February Freeze". Talk of heaters, blankets, water main breaks & leaks, gas outages. Shelters open. Schools are closed. This town doesn't know what just hit them.  I can't help but giggle when I hear the girls at work talking. You would think that we got 5 foot of snow! So funny.
I decided I couldn't waste the day, so I headed to Tucson.
Lots of motorcycle cops flying my way... lights flashing, sirens blaring. 
 Wonder what this is all about.
 Maybe it's the mayor coming from his press conference??
 Funny... schools were closed due to the cold, yet these girls were wearing THIS!!!
First stop:
I went to see the puppies!  :)
 They are so cute!!

 There were fluffy bunnies too!
 They had a Maltese!!
 I think he wants me to take him home.  :(
  Hallmark has all kinds of Peanuts stuff!! LOVE IT!
Right on Linus!
I need this mug.  Really... I need it.
 Well said Cindy.  I'll try to remember that.
Amen!
Mmmmmm!  I swear, I just went in to see how much their peanut brittle was, because it is da bomb diggidy!  
I didn't know they would give me candy just for walking in the store.  OMG!  This, chocolate covered brittle [I think] was to die for!
Sequined camo pants anyone?
I saw the mannequins at Old Navy.  They weren't very talkative today.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
♥ LOOK WHAT I FOUND AT THE VANS STORE!!! ♥
Sadly, I did not leave with these. 
 Time for a Five Fruit Frenzy Smoothie.
Strawberry+blueberry+banana+mango+peaches+mixed berry juice+peach juice+ice = YUM.
 Can you believe out of the hundreds of purses at Charming Charlie, I couldn't find ONE that I liked?  Dang!  I need a new purse!! 
Shopped out.  Time to head to....
Stop #2:
 Purple Hayes  :)
Wine tasting?  Why yes, I will thank you. :)
I stocked up on my frozen rice and pasta bags, apple rings and 2 buck Chuck.
OMG!  I'm coming up on Ajo... time for the rush hour CF!
The C stands for cluster, and I'll let you guess what the F is for.
This is where 19 goes from a 4 lane, to a 2 lane.  Tons of people exiting in the far right lane and tons of people flying past on the left and squeezing in just before the lane ends.  Grrrrr!  I was OVER IT!  All these people flying past me and then expecting me to let them in after I had been waiting! Hell to the no.
I got home, lit the fire in the fireplace and made my dinner.
I've been missing my favorite sandwich from the Red Pig in Johnson City, TN, so I decided to try and make it myself.  Smoked turkey and cheddar with light mayo and lettuce on pumpernickel.  Mmmmmm.
I watched Super Nanny, What Would You Do, Barbra Walters & the Story of Pixar while I played on Facebook. Jason is on call tonight.  So I'm solo.
Brrrrr! It's cold in here and I don't have anyone to snuggle with. :(
Time to try to get some sleep!  It's past my bedtime!  Hee hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment