So the past few weeks we have been up to our eyeballs in boxes!

It's been chaos! Nothing is where it should be. Note the makeup mirror next to the microwave and screwdriver! :)
We have been surrounded for so long, it will be so nice to get settled into our new place... wherever that may be!!
Even the grandfather clock is wrapped and ready!
This morning we got up at 6 am and left the house at 7 am! We drove down to Elizabethton to Susan's house so I could pick up my 2 boxes of Christmas stuff that I inadvertently left at her house 4 years ago. She had been storing them for me and in the chaos of moving to Kentucky I completely forgot! So... we got to Susan's house after a couple of hours and a pit stop at McDonalds for breakfast and had a lovely visit. The girls are so big! I couldn't believe it! And Justin... Oh my gosh! He's a young man! Wow, I feel so old now. She showed us all the work Craig has done in the basement! Wow! He is so good at that! Our visit was pretty short, since we had to pickup our truck at 11am, but it was still so great to see them! The girls hugged us goodbye and Susan sent us on our way with my two boxes and some 5 hour energy drinks. We drove to Abingdon, VA and picked up our truck and car dolly. That truck is HUGE! I was a little worried about Jason driving it, until we got on the road. He did a great job! We got to the apartment around 2pm and Jason pulled the car dolly to the back patio so he could lock it up. Our wonderful friends from the med school who came to help us move!
The last few days we have been finalizing all the packing!
It's been chaos! Nothing is where it should be. Note the makeup mirror next to the microwave and screwdriver! :)
We have been surrounded for so long, it will be so nice to get settled into our new place... wherever that may be!!
Even the grandfather clock is wrapped and ready!
This morning we got up at 6 am and left the house at 7 am! We drove down to Elizabethton to Susan's house so I could pick up my 2 boxes of Christmas stuff that I inadvertently left at her house 4 years ago. She had been storing them for me and in the chaos of moving to Kentucky I completely forgot! So... we got to Susan's house after a couple of hours and a pit stop at McDonalds for breakfast and had a lovely visit. The girls are so big! I couldn't believe it! And Justin... Oh my gosh! He's a young man! Wow, I feel so old now. She showed us all the work Craig has done in the basement! Wow! He is so good at that! Our visit was pretty short, since we had to pickup our truck at 11am, but it was still so great to see them! The girls hugged us goodbye and Susan sent us on our way with my two boxes and some 5 hour energy drinks. We drove to Abingdon, VA and picked up our truck and car dolly. That truck is HUGE! I was a little worried about Jason driving it, until we got on the road. He did a great job! We got to the apartment around 2pm and Jason pulled the car dolly to the back patio so he could lock it up. Our wonderful friends from the med school who came to help us move!
Aaron McGuire, Joe Augusta,
Gabe McCoy, & Chuck Duda all came to help Jason load the truck. They did an awesome job. They even had to slow down on bringing things to the truck so they could sort and stack it all in the truck! It was REALLY hot in the truck too. Poor Jason. I left to go pick up pizza & beer and they were basically done when I got back. They got the entire truck loaded in an hour and a half! WOW! :)
We stood and sat on the floor eating pizza & drinking beer before saying our goodbyes. Jason secured our items in the truck with rope, tape and new padlocks, while I vacuumed, cleaned and set up the air mattress. Chuck and Kristen came by to say goodbye and ended up insisting that we stay with them tonight. At first I was thinking we shouldn't do that, but soon I discovered just how tired I really was. I was on the verge of tears and my back was killing me. Jason was beat too, so we quit for the night. We packed up our bags and went to Kristen & Chuck's house. They were so awesome to us! They heated us up some of Chuck's Beef Stroganoff for dinner, had us take turns in the massage chair, let us take nice hot showers and then sleep in their big comfy bed (they INSISTED)! I am so glad we are over here tonight! They are such good friends! Goodnight! I'm exhausted!
No comments:
Post a Comment