Monday, June 7, 2010

The Frustrations of Home Buying

Today I am just tired. I'm tired of waiting on my house! First, we waited to find out if the bank that owns the house would accept our offer. After a long and stressful week, we signed a contract with one day to spare on the first time home buyers tax credit! Then we flew back here, and waited for inspections. Next, we waited 2 weeks to find out that the appraisal guy had some sort of medical emergency and never turned in his report. Then we spent the next week waiting on the second appraisal. Now we are finding out today that our mortgage lady is out of town, the person that is handling her work says our loan has been approved... however, they need paperwork from the title agency... and the title agency is saying they need paperwork from the mortgage office!!! All of this is pushing our closing date and frustrating us! Jason has done so much to stay on top of this and try to get our closing done early. I can't imagine what would have happened if he wasn't the kind of type A, detailed guy he is! I am so grateful he has been handling all of this. He has kept his cool too... although both of our fuses are a little short now.

So... more emails have been sent, and phone calls made... and now we wait... again.

UGH! I just want our house, I want to move, and I want to get settled... BEFORE Jason has to start his residency and my parents come for their visit!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment