Saturday, June 19, 2010

I'm Leaving Pikevegas

This morning I woke up to little puppies.  :)  Kristen & Chuck's Yorkie pups!  They are so cute.  Kristen had folded the laundry I had in the dryer and brought it all upstairs for me.  The Kinzel boys were already over for the day, and she had started breakfast.  We had Eggs Benedict and fresh fruit!  Yum!  My stomach was a little nervous about the trip though, and the eggs weren't sitting well, so I didn't eat as much of those as I would have liked.  We headed home and packed up the last few things.  Nicky came by to say goodbye.  That was very emotional for me.  I cried a lot when Nicky left.  Saying goodbye to her made it all real.  :(  
 Chuck came over to help Jason hook up the car on the dolly 
 ...while I cleaned the apartment.  We said goodbye to Loretta next door and dropped our keys in the mail slot.  Right after he dropped the keys I remembered I left a few drinks in the fridge.  Ha ha!  Oh well!  The place was empty and I double and triple checked the rooms to make sure we got everything, and then I left the drinks!  :)  I hope we get our deposit back.  Jason didn't care about the deposit and kept telling me not to worry about it, but I didn't have anything to do while he hooked up the car anyway.  Besides I want that money back!  :)  
 We pulled out of town,
and down our hill for the last time.  :(
 I was full of mixed emotions.  I was happy and excited, scared and nervous, sad and slightly upset.  I know good things are in the future, and that the friendships I've made in Pikeville, well, most of them are moving on to other places too.  I am nervous that we won't get our house and will have to scramble around trying to rent a place at the last minute.  I am trying to stay positive though and trust my gut.  It's going to work out!  We drove across Kentucky.
The cut through mountains
Leaving coal country, passing coal truck.
I think I'm going to miss these mountains.

Hazard

Mimosa Trees!!  :(  I'll miss these.
 Tennessee!!
The drive was good and I liked driving Jason's car.  

Nashville was a little crazy and made me nervous, but I did it!  We passed a place selling outhouses.  Ha ha!  Only in Tennessee!  :)  Wish I would have got a picture of that!  
 It was a beautiful sunset!  

We drove down lots of little country roads & arrived at Joel's house after dark.  Ashley came by with a pizza and some supplies for Joel's puppy.  It has parvo and honestly doesn't look good.  Poor little thing.  We talked but I fell asleep sitting in the recliner, so now it is time to go to sleep.  Good night! 
Day 1: Left Pikeville at 1:40 pm arrived at Joel's at 10pm (central time) = 9 hours, 20 minutes. Stopped for lunch at Arby's & stops for gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment