Wednesday, September 29, 2010

B to the O to the R to the E to the D!!

Tonight I am crazy bored.  
 I've played on Facebook until all my east coast friends went to bed.  I've watched Modern Family, Cougar Town, a new lawyer show called The Whole Truth, the local news, LA Ink, and now 16 and Pregnant streamed through the internet to the TV.  
 I've done laundry, clipped coupons, flipped through magazines, checked out my half-finished knitting projects and finally decided I needed to write here!  I am going out of my mind in this house all alone!  **Sigh**  I'm lonely and I miss my friends, my family and my husband!  :(

September has been a trying month.  My sweet husband has been on 12 hour night call 8pm to 8am all month.  At first I tried to get on his schedule.  I had trouble sleeping at night without him next to me.  I mean, I wasn't scared for the most part.  We have a nice neighborhood and great neighbors... not to mention an alarm system!  One night I was scared.  I thought I heard something in the backyard and then every tick of the house freaked me out.  I kept making conversation with myself to let the Boogie Man know I was home, and not alone!  LOL  Really most nights though, the problem was that I just don't fall asleep easily without him here.  Plus I am still like a little kid who needs to be told when to go to bed!  ;)  Anyway, after a few days of trying to keep his vampire schedule, I realized that this was NOT going to work.  I was tired all the time and it felt as though my body was made of lead and my brains of mush!  So, one night I stayed up all night long only taking a 3 hour nap in the afternoon and going to bed early that night!  :)  It worked!
It's been rough not really spending time with him either.  He would get home in the morning when I was just waking up.  My brain was still fuzzy from dreamland and his from working and being busy all night.  He would get on the computer and check email, eat a quick breakfast and then go to bed.  On the really sleepy mornings he would just go straight to bed.  He started out sleeping until around 4 or so... but as the month wore on he has been sleeping later and later... 6pm, and the last couple of days 6:30.  He wakes up, has his coffee and gets ready.  If I am lucky he has time to talk to me over a quick sandwich before he leaves.  
The Dr. Hayes Special
It's hard because I feel like I can't really share things with him.  I can't tell him stupid stuff, because our time is too valuable.  He is usually awfully tired and not wanting to deal with anything very silly.  It seems like our conversations consist of important dates, what came in the mail and any quick updates on family or friends.  It's like I am reliving years one and two of med school all over again!! We have been counting down these last few days... and tonight is the LAST NIGHT!! :) He was so happy leaving tonight knowing he had 4 days to rest. He had to use his floating holiday for Friday, but that's okay! I doubt we will do much since he is worn out and will need to get his sleep schedule back on track but that is fine with me!  I am just so happy that he will be mine all MINE!!  :)  
 I plan on lots of movie watching, starting with the Netflix movie I have had for two weeks now, loads of snuggles and maybe a board game or swim at the pool!  I love having time together.  We've been married for four and a half years and I still feel like I am on my honeymoon when we have our time away from medicine and work! 

Speaking of work, I still haven't heard anything about the training program I applied for.  I have to say I am getting a little nervous.  I'm partly nervous that I won't get it, and partly that I will!  It sounds like a wonderful opportunity with paid training with full benefits, but also VERY fast paced training in a broad scope of medicine.  The possibilities for jobs sound endless!  I have been praying lots that God will put me in the program if I am able to give it my all and shine.  He knows what is best and I have to trust in Him.  A friend posted this on Facebook today...  Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."   This could mean so many things in my life right now, but I will take this to pertain to my job hopes. What great timing my friends have.  Just when I need to hear His word, I do. 
~image courtesy of ChristArt.com~
 On that note... I am going to try to get to sleep.  Last night I have to sleep all alone!  YAY!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Friends, and their words of encouragement are the best. I am very much like you and need someone to tell me when to go to bed (or I'll stay up all night with bad TV and reading blogs). I am so glad his night rotation is over and you can enjoy your quality time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Elizabeth. I didn't realize I had a comment, so I am sorry for the late response. I have been blogging for a while, but I still don't have it all figured out! I'm getting there though! Thank you for the kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete