Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tahoe, Day One

Today was our first full day in Tahoe!  :)
We went up to the roof this morning to see the view of the lake and how much snow we got! 

It was so beautiful!  :)
This is the view we had from our living room and bedrooms!
We decided to go down to the lake, and take the shuttle so nobody would have to drive... saving us any possible arguments and allowing everyone to have a drink!

The shuttle was nice!  What a cool way for us to get down the mountain and see the sights! :)
When we got off the shuttle we headed to the beach.  

We paused to visit this beautiful Clydesdale that was there! 
The beach was very beautiful... but VERY COLD!  Wow!  I was glad I wore my gloves and ear warmer!  We took in the views and took a few photos. 
After being so cold, we decided to head toward the shops and casinos to get away from the freezing wind!  We went into a couple of shops and then went to the Stateline Brewery to grab some drinks. 
It's time to toast Dr. Duncan...
and Dr. Hayes for a job well done!  Way to go boys!  We are so proud of you and all you have accomplished!  :)  Time to celebrate!!
We enjoyed the brew and then decided to go.
To our surprise it started snowing... again!
We were so cold!  We had a little time to kill before our shuttle came, so we decided to check out the casinos!  :)  We each took a little time playing slots and had such fun, we lost track of time!  So... realizing we were going to miss our shuttle, we decided to play a little longer and catch the next shuttle!
Charlie won $40 at one time :) and then lost it!  :(
Julie telling me I'm not supposed to take photos in there.  Ha ha!  I know Julie!  Shhhhhh!
 
Jason saying, "Ooh!  I won a penny!" as he plays the penny slots.
Before we lost too much money we decided to head back to our place! We ended up running down the street to get our shuttle, because we didn't understand where we were supposed to pick it up!  We thought we could get this one driver to pick us up, but he shook his head like he was saying NO I'm not allowed to do that!  Gee thanks buddy!  It is so cold here and we decided we had to make a run for it to grab the shuttle down the road.  Whew!  That was rough.  I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest, but took comfort in the fact I was with two doctors!  :)
We were glad we took the shuttle since the roads were slushy and there was loads more snow as we went up the mountain!  Wow!  Even out driver was a little nervous!  Poor guy.  It wasn't even his route, he was just lunch relief for the other driver.  He kept telling the car in front of us, "Don't stop!  Don't stop!"
It's good to be back at our place!  :)  Jason prepares dinner, Julie gets some wine, and Carlie breaks out the snacks!
We relaxed and then the boys started having DEEP conversations that would blow your mind!  Julie and I felt like we were hanging out with two Jack Handys.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment