Friday, May 7, 2010

Thursday Charlie was in town and staying with us. He had to come in early since they had class meetings to attend all day.


Leah & Alicia
Renée drew me pictures.
I met up with the girls at El Azul for lunch after a morning of making a "Congratulations Dr. Hayes" banner.

The banner turned out super cute by the way! It was so great to see the girls! Rachel & Renée, Emily & Kate, Larissa & Matt Jr., Alicia and Leah all were in attendance! :)
The door to our apartment.
Close up of sign on door.
After lunch I went home and finished decorating the apartment.  :)
 Later that evening we went to the park for the Class of 2010 picnic. The food was from the school's cafeteria and was awesome! Pulled pork, chicken, burgers or hot dogs, beans, chips, etc. The only not so great thing was the cookies, but one of the ladies who works at the school brought cupcakes which were divine! It was fun to see everyone and catch up! :) It almost doesn't seem like it's been 4 years, yet everyone has changed so much... marriages, babies born, weight lost, weight gained, houses bought, plans made. It was a great time!

Our family came in on today, and JK, Ryan and Jacqueline came to visit today!
It was great to see JK & Ryan and I finally got to meet and hold little Gummy Bear!

Tonight we attended the graduation banquet!
We were free, but we paid $90 for just Jason's dad and my mom & dad to go. They said they didn't expect to limit the number of guests invited since they moved it to the Mark from the Expo Center, so they had more room... but kind of left that open... like they could limit it if the response was too great. I was glad we had our parents there, but the food was AWFUL!! The fish & prime rib were overdone, the chicken was dry, the corn pudding cold, there was no salad when our table was released to go up there, so we didn't even get that... and when you finished you tea, they took your glass away rather than refilled it, so you had to walk across the room to get another! Oh yeah, and it was the same night as a prom so the parking was a nightmare and it took forever to get in there!  So, as you can tell, I was pretty disappointed... until....

To my surprise I received the American Osteopathic Foundation's Donna Jones Moritsugu Memorial Award for "exemplifying the role of a professional’s partner in being an individual in their own right, while being supportive of mate, family and the osteopathic profession."
My parents and I.
Jason and I with his dad.
Jason and I with Larissa and Matt Lisk.  Jason and Matt sat next to each other the first two years of med school, and they sat at our table tonight! :)
Larissa, Me, Emily & Rachel.  Happy wives!
 I still can't believe I won the award!  What an honorl! :) Mom had just asked me if people know they have won the awards or not, and I said I didn't think so... and then they announced the recipient of the first award... Kelly Hayes! I was in shock! All I kept thinking was "Don't fall" and "I can't believe this!" The look on Jason's face was so awesome! That made my year! He looked so proud... as did my parents and Jason's dad! So awesome!
I showed my sister my award when I got back to the hotel and then we headed home to meet up with Joel and Ashley.
 They are newly engaged and wanted to come over and hang out. Joel & Jason had a couple of drinks and played video games while Ashley and I talked.

No comments:

Post a Comment