Sunday, February 7, 2010

Light At The End of the Tunnel


We are super excited to be in the home stretch! I am getting very excited about quitting my job, moving and of course graduation! It’s going to be here before you know it! :) Jason is actually going to be finished with his requirements at the end of March, since he only took off two weeks to study for his boards and still got his required number of days in for that rotation! So, we are going to take advantage of that time in April to travel and see family and look for a place to live (wherever that may be)! Our rank list is all MD sites so we won’t know anything until March! We have not yet submitted our final list, but we are thinking it will be Johnson City, TN as number one... followed by Albuquerque, NM, then Salt Lake City, UT in that order.... then we are not sure about the next three: Tucson, AZ, Nashville, TN & Winston Salem, NC... our last two would be Lexington, KY and Louisville, KY. Can you tell we are ready to get out of Kentucky? LOL! At least that is how we are thinking right now. We have gone back and forth a lot. The ones out west were really attractive, but with us trying to start a family and our parents getting older it just made sense to stay on this side of the US. Plus financially it makes the most sense. I’m glad Jason didn’t go into a really competitive field! I can’t imagine how hard this year would be! I am excited to see where everyone ends up and what everyone ends up doing!
 This is Jason's sticky note system.  He repositions them every so often to try to help him think of how he will rank everyone!  :)  Ha ha! 
I know I will miss things about Pikeville. I’ll miss the friendships I’ve made and I’m sure that it will be an adjustment to not have the SAA to depend on for support! That is yet another reason Johnson City was a top choice, I have friends there and wouldn’t be all alone. Also, I will miss only having to fill up my car with gas about once a month! I’ll miss the small town feel and how it only takes me a few minutes to get anywhere. I won’t miss my stressful job, and not having the fun stuff to do and conveniences of a bigger city!
Last month we did not conceive (obviously) but the good news is my blood work from last month told them that I did ovulate!! :) So they kept me on the same meds I was on last month and we will see what my blood work tells them this month! I’m taking two 50 mg. pills on days 3-7 of my cycle, so I guess that’s 100 mg. I’m glad she started me off on the higher dose, since I don’t have time to waste! I’ve heard of many friends who started with 50 mg. and it took them a while before they were bumped up. Since you can only take clomid for 6 months, I really don’t want to waste time! I am very hopeful that this will be the answer we have been looking for. There weren’t any side effects really, other than getting hot and having night sweats at night a couple of times. Jason says it makes me more loving when I am taking the medicine, but I don’t know??!!
Yesterday we went to Stone's birthday party at Gatti's. 

It was fun and Stone did not disappoint with the cake.
  He was such a mess... but super cute! He is getting so big!!! 
Everyone enjoying the party... the birthday boy's view.  :)
After a while at Stone's party, we had to run, since we had three stops before we got home and plans for a big steak dinner to celebrate Jason's passing score on his board exams! Now we are all set for Graduation!! YAY!!! Bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment