Monday, April 5, 2010

Family Time begins~~


On Saturday we packed up the car and headed to Grandmother's house in west Kentucky. The drive was beautiful, at least the parts I saw when I was awake! We went to the Sirloin Stockade for dinner and got the all you can eat buffet! :) Love the variety you get when you go to those places! I get a little of this... and a little of that... so tasty! Easter morning we woke up to find Elton had gone to church and grandmother sleeping, so we went outside to enjoy a little of the beautiful weather ...AND to get the bugs off the car! The drive caused a lot of casualties in the bug world! Around noon when grandmother woke up, she began making breakfast. She was cooking up our breakfast in her robe and talking to us. Grandmother loves to talk! Elton got home and we all enjoyed breakfast for lunch! After we were through we went to Jason's sister's house. Finally I was able to meet my sister-in-law. It was weird because we knew each other from the phone and facebook, but not face to face. It was good to get to visit with them! Caroline had grown so tall and is such a pretty girl since I saw her last. She played a little Nirvana on Shea's guitar and let me hold her kittens. Dalton was taller than I had imagined, and is quite a well spoken and artistic young man. Shea was more quiet than I had thought he was going to be, but just as sweet as I thought he would be. We stayed and talked and laughed for a couple of hours and then drove to Tennessee. Last night, we had dinner with Joel, his girlfriend Ashley, and Joel's roommate Austin & his girlfriend Chelsea at the place the guys work at called Fiji Yamma. So delicious! 

After we stuffed ourselves, we had a fire in the fire pit and sat outside. It was a beautiful night and all the stars were really pretty! Just a lovely way to end the day.
Today we went to Belle's Drive-in for lunch. I rode with Ashley and enjoyed talking to her and hearing more about her on the way. After a burger, tots and a peanut butter shake, we headed home. Now I am enjoying a sunny, lazy day off while reading and typing while Joel plays a video game and Jason washes Precious. :)
I have really been enjoying some relaxation today! It's nice. I'm reading Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. It's short stories and was our last book club book last month. I was too busy to finish before, so finishing now. I am also thinking about pulling out the yarn I brought with me. I brought old Woodsy the owl to work on... so maybe this afternoon? As for now, I am thinking of taking advice from the cat and napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment