Friday, January 22, 2010

Soups, Chili, Friends and Blessings

Today as soon as I got home from work I started making Jason's White Chicken Chili recipe. I also called about my blood work results and found out that my progesterone is a 35.5 which Jason says is in a good range. I didn't find out the results to anything else, except for my HCG. The pregnancy test was negative. :( I was sad at the news and let out a deflated ok to the nurse down at the doctor's office who gave me the news. She said my quantative level was less than 2. Whatever that means. So, I went back to making my chili. I was cutting onions and crying from the fumes, but then started crying because I was so disappointed. I really thought I was pregnant. Jason said we have been trying for 2 years, so he was surprised I still got that upset about it, but understanding and gave me a big hug. He reassured me that if we didn't get it this month, maybe we would next month. I worked on the chili with Jason's guidance and finished it up just in time to do a last minute touch-up on myself and get on my way.
Casey's apartment was really cute and there were lots of pots gathered on the table with ladles, a stack of styrofoam bowls and plastic spoons in a cup. We talked for a while about the latest details in all of our lives and then Bre showed up with Gatti's coupon books (our latest fundraiser) and an update on Tiffany and baby Aleah. We sampled all of the soups and then went back for our favorites. I liked Kristen's Loaded Potato Leek Soup the best, but all of them were good! A little while later one of the girls called to check on Shanna who had delivered some soup to Tiffany in the hospital. Tiffany was alone because her husband had to take thier baby to Lexington, KY to have surgery on her eye. She has a cyst in her tear duct/nasal passage and it was hard for her to breathe. Poor Tiffany had to stay behind because her blood pressure was too high. Anyway, after the phone call and at Tiffany's request, we all loaded up in Casey Butler's car and headed to visit her. She was so glad to see us and began to cry. She said something about having great friends and thanking us for the support we have given them during one of the most difficult times in their lives. It was so sweet. I think all of us wanted to cry right along with her! Bless her heart. She has been through so much in the last couple of days. We all had her laughing in no time though, because as I said it was those crazy SAA girls: Bre, Shanna, Danielle, Kristen & the Caseys. I think she enjoyed the laughter and distraction. When I got home my sweet hubby had cleaned the entire kitchen... and believe me, I left quite a disaster! He was already asleep, so I quietly slipped in beside him and wrapped my arms around him and thanked God for blessing me with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment