Sunday, February 10, 2008

Pikeville Living


Life is crazier than ever right now. I was told what a unique experience medical school would be and how we were going to be going through some trying years... and boy those people weren’t kidding! Don’t get me wrong... I still am deeply in love with my husband and consider myself truly blessed to have him as my husband... I just miss him dearly!

Jason studies all the time. Every night during the week and weekends all day into the night. He tries to make time for us to watch a movie or Family Guy before we go to bed, oh yeah, and then there is that 15 or 20 minutes I get with him for dinner. =) Work is crazy and keeps me busy most of the day, and the SAA or getting stuff done around the house takes up the rest of the time. Second year has been a real #*&@*!! I hate it. I am starting to understand what that Doctor once told me when I mentioned Jason was going to medical school, “Medicine is a severe mistress.” I miss my hubby dearly! I try to stay supportive with Jason and give him encouragement. I remind him that he only has about 4 months more of this crap and then our glorious third year will be here! I am truly happy that it is just around the corner and he will have more time for a "normal" life. I am really dreading boards. Jason says he will be fine. He claims the students at PCSOM are well prepared for boards because they put them through so much hell during second year prepping them! I hope so!

We have managed to squeeze a little “us” time in on occasion. We went to see the Globetrotters at the Expo Center in January.


That was fun. It was geared more toward kids, but we still had fun getting out of the house and spending some time together!


We have tried to watch a movie or at least an episode of Scrubs season one, or Family Guy before we go to bed at night. We save our yummy Costa Rican Coffee for our special time we spend together in bed sipping coffee, watching TV, and talking on the weekends. Occasionally Jason has done some really sweet things for me too. He did the laundry the other day, and made Belgian waffles for us the last 2 weekends. We have also started going out to eat each weekend. The weekend we went to Huddle House, followed by 2 or 3 weeks of Bob Evans, and Peeking today! It’s nice to get some us time out and a break from cooking is great too!

Later on in January I hung out with the girls while Jason studied. I went to Lacey’s house one night to play Guitar Hero 3...

which turns out to be a very fun & addictive game. We had a blast & rocked it for a few hours.

The next night, I went to Miss America Night at Rachel’s. It was fun to judge the contest and try to pick who we thought would win. J.K. picked the most right, and won a prize.

Two nights later it was time for book club. I had not been to a book club this year, but this one was hosted by Rachel. She did another English tea party and since the book was Sense & Sensibility, we watched the movie. It was so much fun! Rachel had her yummy cucumber sandwiches which J.K. and I ate a ton of... and she also had blueberry, and chocolate scones, along with fruit and some shortbread that Emily had made. I really enjoyed it.

I recently went to the eye doctor and was told I am farsighted. My vision is 20/20 minus... which the lady at the eye doctor’s office said meant that my vision was just off a few points or something. Anyway, I picked up my glasses a week after my appointment. Here they are:

I think they look pretty good. I only wear them when I am working on the computer or reading... anything up close that I feel I’m straining to see.

I have been keeping myself busy with work, SAA activities, Mac, TV shows, life, and my hobbies. I have started knitting a teddy bear. I actually got a lot done in a couple of days...

but have been stuck on the next step for a while. I am just waiting for the next time we have knitting club to figure out what the heck I am doing.

This weekend I caught up on the computer, and saw the movie 27 Dresses with Julie, Lacey & Tina. I plan on figuring out some new recipes for supper this week. I’m getting burned out on the same old thing all the time. I need something new, easy and yummy! Now I need to get my scrapbook stuff in order for our club meeting tomorrow night.

Later Tatter...
Kel
p.s. here is a quick little video of us rockin' out on guitar hero night...
enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment