Thursday, November 1, 2007

Good Times!

Been busy as usual. Here's what's been going on:
Oct. 25, last Thursday, Tiffany McGuire hosted event night: pumpkin carving! It was so fun. I picked up Mary and we went to the top of Julius Ave. to the McGuire House. Dang! That was one scary road! I am so glad that I don't have to drive up that every day! Their house was really nice and she was an awesome hostess. She made little witches hats out of fudge stripped cookies & Hershey's kisses, and she made spiders out of oreo cookies with licorice for the legs. So adorable! We used patterns to help us be creative, and luckily someone bought those little pumpkin carving tool kits... they work great for little details!
We had a really good time. I named my pumpkin, Pumpkin Hayes. He held up pretty well, but by Halloween night he was getting a little moldy inside. Maybe that's because I kept him inside where it's warmer? I just didn't want to leave him outside and find him smashed by some kids before Halloween. I know, I'm pathetic... like an over-protective mother! Anyway, he has served his purpose... and seeing as how today is November 1st... he needs to jump in the dumpster now!




Oct. 27, Saturday the girls and I all headed to Huntington to do some shopping and get out of town. It was so much fun! (Emily, Rachel, J.K. and her friend Kelly, and myself.) Emily drove her SUV, so we would all fit comfortably. It was her birthday and it was J.K.'s birthday the Tuesday before, so that gave us an excuse to do something. J.K. came up with the idea and I am so glad she did. We went to Target first. It was really hard for me to control myself. I LOVE TARGET!! I got out of Target for the first time in my life for under $5.00!! I couldn't believe it! I bought a notepad and some magnifying glasses (yeah, I'm getting old!). Total cost: $4.01! Then we went to A.C. Moore which is a craft store very similar to a Michael's, but better prices. I got a crochet hook so Emily can teach me how, and 3 sticker pages for my scrapboooking. Total cost: $4.84! We then proceeded to the mall where the girls introduced me to Charlotte Russe which is a clothing store (very trendy, yet cheap!) I tried on a few things, but most of there stuff runs small... so it didn't fit me very well. In fact I thought I might be stuck in the arm of one top I tried on! Luckily I was freed after some wiggling about! I did find one awesome deal though. A burgundy strapless dress for super cheap... Total cost: $3.17!!! I could hardly contain myself after my next deal... I used a $10 coupon I had received in the mail for Vicki's and got 2 pair of slipper socks for FREE!! Last stop in the mall was Old Navy where I scored a tank top and turtleneck (i know, total opposites) Total cost: $8.42! After that we went to Olive Garden for dinner, after a 45 minute wait for a table... what seemed like an eternity for our drinks and bread sticks... everyone but me got their dinner.
The server forgot to order mine... so my dinner was FREE!! I got the tour of Italy and it was yummy, even if I was mostly full off of the salad and bread sticks by the time it got there! I had them sing to Emily and J.K. for their birthday and they brought a chocolate cake (which I was billed for!! but didn't put up a fight about it, since my meal was free!) It was so nice to enjoy a good dinner with good friends. I also got a frozen drink called Tiramisu which was delicious!! Total Cost: $10.02! We then stopped off at Michael's to check it out before we drove around trying to find the movie theater.
We made it finally only missing the first few minutes of Elizabeth: The Golden Age. It was a great movie and the theater was really nice. The seats reclined, the picture was digital and it was so nice and new. It basically blew Pikeville's Riverfill 10 out of the water! We then came back to Pikeville, arriving around 1:30 am! We had loads of fun and defiantly want to do it again! I also got loads of bargains! Total cost for trip: $37.46!! =)
Sunday Oct. 28 we went over to the George's house for Emily's birthday party. We all chipped in $5.00 each for pizza and had white birthday cake for dessert. It was fun and I think we both had a good time. Jason enjoyed getting together with classmates and talking shop, and I (of course) loved getting together with the girls! Renee was really funny. She acts so grown up now. She insisted that I wear some red beads she had on, because they "went with my outfit really well!" I tried to give them back at the end of the night and she wouldn't hear it! So... I kept them until she came into the bank the next day and gave them back. Rachel told me later that she said casually as she was putting them up at home, "That was so sweet of Kelly." She's a hoot! It was a really nice evening and good to get together with a bunch of friends. The Greene's, Grannell's, Gimms, Singerman's, Ben Mayer, & Tim Hsu were all at the George's birthday bash.


Today was the first of the month and surprisingly not too terrible. We'll see how tomorrow goes! As for now I am going to get off of here and watch a movie with my husband. Last night we watched Smokin' Aces... a really good but kinda hard to follow movie... oh yeah, and did I mention it's gory and weird like a Quentin Tarantino movie? Tonight we have Motorcycle Diaries to watch. We'll see what it's like. Subtitles... can't wait! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment